You will no doubt have noticed that for the past couple of shows our prize table has been positively groaning under the weight of the very generous donations from our newest sponsor, Page45. An institution in Nottingham's city centre, they are a Mecca for lovers of not only mainstream graphic novels, comics and manga but also independent and self published works and are a font of knowledge on all things related to comic books and comic book art.
Having recently won an award as Nottingham's best independent retailor (a truly well deserved accolade) they have also been given a monthly column in the Nottingham Post's Weekend supplement, in which to wax lyrical about whatever comic goodness they see fit. I hope you'll find a copy and give it a thorough going over!
We asked one of Page45's creators, Stephen L Holland, some probing, arty related questions......
1. What is the best thing about running a comic book shop?
2. Who is your favourite artist working in comic books/narrative storytelling?
4. What/who hangs on your walls at home?
5. If you could own any piece of art by any artist what would it be?
|Nabiel Kanan - draft of Page45 website|
6. Do you create your own artwork/comic?
|"Joie de Vivre 1" by Pan. The original painting|
7. What advice would you give to any aspiring comic artists out there?
8. What big plans are in the pipeline for Page 45?
Thanks Stephen! Remember our next show is on Saturday 13th October and will be hot, hot, HOT. Starring fire performances from Vivid Angel and Fifi Fatale, plus modelling from Mimi Libertine and all the usual competitions, prizes and more! Have a peek at our website for full info and to buy tickets. See you there!
Scarlett & Charlotte